Sunday 30 May 2010

Chelsea Flower Show 2010

Arrived back yesterday from the Chelsea Flower Show - I spent the day there on Friday with my Aunt, and travelled back from London yesterday. Very tired today - after two nights of little sleep - the noise of the traffic was unbelievable. Friday was wonderful though - so much inspiration and a perfect sunny warm day for it.

Out of over 100 pictures these are my favourites of the parts of the show that inspired/pleased me most.

Herb planters on Jekka McVicar's stand...

Pennard Plants stand in the marquee



My favourite show garden - L'Occitane Garden...


The Eden Project Garden ..which includes a mini-allotment ....

an orchard .....

greenhouse made from recycled plastic bottles and a rocket stove....
a wild flower meadow ..

a very desirable shelter in the woods with gorgeous cooking pot!




The Happy Hens stand -

and a garden encouraging bee friendly planting ...

You might pick out a theme developing here....my obsession with kitchen gardening/hens and bee keeping!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed seeing all of the pictures from the garden show, especially the pictures of sea kale. We grew some last year, managed to overwinter it, and have been watching it grow again this spring...a really neat plant. It sounds like you had a great time.:)

    ReplyDelete