Sunday 19 September 2010

Preserving summer



I've had a busy weekend. Lovely day out in Corbridge yesterday, with my friend Helen. Lunch at Tea and Tipple in the market place as usual.

Minestrone Soup with nice crusty bread, followed by their heavenly Lemon and Blueberry Cake. Once we were restored we had a wander along the river to make the most of the late summer sunshine, then a gently potter around the shops.


Feeling inspired later in the evening I made a Lemon and Blueberry Cake of my own, based on a recipe I had for Redcurrant Cake, which includes ground almonds and lemon zest and juice. Substituted home grown Blueberries for the currants and served with cream. (the tea shop version had a lemon frosting) Very tasty, the Blueberries are lovely and juicy in a cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment