Sunday 26 December 2010

Holiday reading

I've been making the most of my Christmas holidays to do some reading. I've got a pile of library books as well as the books I received as presents.

One of the things I've done to save money is to replace buying of magazines with library books. I've always had a pile of library books on the go - but now I make sure I select some books - such as the two below - which may not provide lots to read, but do provide gorgeous illustrations/and inspiration that I would have looked for in magazines in the past. Two books that fall into this category are -

Homemade by Clodagh McKenna
A recipe for Raspberry Cordial

Table setting inspiration...


Lotte's country kitchen by Lotte Duncan.


An almond and plum cake for pudding for afternoon tea...

An pudding made with autumn berries ...


A spiced winter fruit jelly....that turns into a warming drink ...

1 comment:

  1. These both look like the kind of book I could just sink into for the evening. This year is the first time for several years I didn't get a cook book in my presents - may just have to have an Amazon moment...

    ReplyDelete